I posted this photo on instagram over the weekend and the response was unanimous – “we want to know what is in there”. Essentially.
I never think of sharing recipes like these because they are so simple. No-recipe recipe. I just take whatever I have in the refrigerator and stack it on toasted bread. I suppose the fact that I am thinking about flavor combinations without really following a recipe is a recipe in itself?
Doesn’t take much to recreate this.
– Layer of good ricotta – like really good.
– Again, really good prosciutto or Serrano ham.
– Some sweet fresh fruit. In this case peaches and figs but really anything goes: pears, apples, apricots, roasted grapes…
– Sprinkle of coarse sea salt and za’tar. Mayssam gave me some she brought back from lebanon and I have been using it on everything.
– Olive oil and if I can be a bit of a pain about it, go for this organic arbequina as it’s fruity and light.
I haven’t shared many favorite links here lately, but there is something about autum arriving that has been making me crave shopping and gathering bits and pieces.
– Jen’s art on my mantel.
– These sunglasses all summer long.
– Bottomless fries from this neighborhood restaurant in Seattle.
– Filling my house with plants from here.
– My new bedroom chair.
– Inspiration from Amanda’s home.
– Saving for this scarf.
– If you are in Madrid in September, go see this show.
– One of my favorite European shops opened an online shop in the US.
I also continue to contribute stories to Conde Nast Traveler.
– Cheesemaking with Francesco Bagnoli in Tuscany.
And many more to come.
I think I covered it all for now. That was a few links for you.
Hope you are enjoying the last bit of summer. x