I am thrilled to let you know that I will be traveling to Australia this November to teach a food styling and photography class with Luisa Brimble with the collaboration of Sophie Hansen. The class will take place in Rydal (just over the NSW Blue Mountains) on November 11-13, 2015. Registration for this workshop opens today.
For two and a half days, and in a small intimate group, she will share her inspirations, tips, knowledge and experience as one of the industry’s most successful and inspiring photographers and stylists. Each participant will spend one on one time with Aran and Luisa to discuss their goals for the workshop and how and why they are shooting food and lifestyle images. We will all have the opportunity to practice techniques learned in a range of environments from studio-style food scenes to lifestyle stories (picnic lunches and dawn shoots) and editorial cooking stories such as making fresh cheese from scratch. We will take a field trip to a local farm and there will forage for ingredients, shoot and share their produce. We’ll discuss story telling and editing and learn to better use our social media tools to promote out work. And at the end of the two day workshop we’ll all have a series of beautiful images to use in blog posts, Instagram and across other platforms.
WHAT WE’LL COVER:
– Photography basics (manual camera settings, how to approach lighting, compositions, angles and lenses).
– Working on editorial briefs, planning photo shoots and working with stylists.
– A hands on demo styling and photography demonstration between Aran Goyoaga, Luisa Brimble & Sophie Hansen. Aran will show students how to use natural lighting and how to compose images and then we’ll then divide into groups and photograph sets of food themselves with direction and assistance by Aran, Luisa & Sophie.
– How to build a portfolio; collaborating with brands or other creatives, tips on editing and workflow from preparation to post processing.
– The business of food photography & building a social media presence that resonates.
– A ‘field trip’ to a nearby organic market garden shooting workshop (and to collect veggies for dinner!).
– Each participants will have the opportunity to do one on one photography advice with Aran Goyoaga & Luisa Brimble.
WHO SHOULD COME:
– Anyone with an interest in creating beautiful content for their blogs, websites, image libraries or personal interest. Anyone with an interest in connecting with and learning from creative, clever and inspiring teachers and fellow students. Anyone!
– AUD$1,600 includes 3-nights shared-room accommodation at Kimbri Farm, Rydal Blue Mountains • All meals (Breakfast, Morning Tea, Lunch, Afternoon Tea & Dinner) • Pracshop tuition. BYO Alcohol. There will be the option to pay in two installments.
Hope to see you there.